Do Not Be Afraid #Fear #GodsGlory #Godspower #Faith #fearnothing

 "Do not be afraid." 365 times these words are written in the Bible.  One for every day of the year. 

 Coincidence - I think not.

Everyday, we are reminded not to be afraid and yet we still fear.  Why?  We live in a world where evil still exists and we don't need to look too far to see it's work.  Just turn on the news, listen to your friends who worry about the economy or food prices, listen to strangers complaining about others .  Doom and gloom seems to be everywhere.  But there's one question we need to ask ourselves.

Are we filling our minds with evil or are we filling our minds with God?

Many years ago, I chose not to listen to the news because it filled me with fear.  I am particularly sensitive so bad news really affects my well being.  As a school counsellor, my students' stories sometimes fill me with sadness.  For the sake of self care, I made a conscious decision to avoid the media.  Watching the news made me feel fearful, anxious, and hopeless.

I noticed that when I decided to really focus on God, my spirit filled up.  My hope was strong and my fears diminished.  This is really God's power. Time with God, everyday, changed me and continues to transform me in amazing ways.  When we trust in God and give God our focus and energy, we begin to really believe in His power to protect us.

Trust God and believe in His protection.  He will watch over our comings and goings and will be with us all the days of our lives (Psalm 121 v. 1).  We just have to believe.  

So when you have fear, turn to our heavenly Father.  He is always with us, He loves us, and He protects us.  So pray and release all fear and worry to Him.

When it comes to my own worry about my children, I often pray these words:  Father, watch over and protect my children.  I release all worry to you.  You are in charge.  Thank you for your protection. 

Pray and God will release all worry and fear.  And He will replace it with Peace.  Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Believe in Coincidences?

Fall In Love - #lovingGod #heavenlydivinelove #magicinlove #healinginlove #allthingspossibleinlove #focusonlove